Processing and Fee’s
OUR ADOPTION PROCESS
As a life saving animal shelter, each of our animals is special in its own right and our quest to find each one a wonderful, lifelong home takes time and careful consideration.
Therefore, we appreciate your cooperation as we work through the steps of the adoption procedure.
1. Take a walk through our shelter. Look carefully at the informational card that is prominently displayed on each dog’s kennel run, on each cat’s cage or on the large windows outside the cat community rooms.
2. Return to the lobby’s front desk and inform a receptionist of the name of the animal in which you are interested.
3. For dogs, the dog you choose will be brought to you. You will then take the dog for a walk in the large area at the rear of our building and/or meet with the dog in the “get Acquainted” Room.
4. For cats, the cat you choose will be brought to you and you will be allowed to interact with the cat in the “Get Acquainted” Room.
5. At this point, if you have decided to pursue an adoption of the animal, you will be required to complete an adoption application. You are asked to complete both sides of the application while you are in the shelter. In that way, any questions you may have can be answered immediately by one of the LCHS staff members.
6. An adoption team will review your application and preform the required reference checks. Any incorrect or incomplete data can delay or void your application.
7. Within 24 to 72 hours you will be contacted by a member of the adoption team to clarify any issues or to inform you that your application has been approved or denied.
The animals in our care are adopted at our discretion. We reserve the right to make a studied determination as to the best home placement for that particular animal.
DOGS: THE COST FOR A DOG ADOPTION IS $240.00
This price includes: vaccinations, spaying/neutering, Heartworm testing, Heartworm preventative, deworming, flea and tick preventative, ear cleaning, nail trimming and microchipping by 24 hour Pet Watch.
If the dog is too young to be spayed/neutered at the time of adoption, then additional fees are involved. * If you reside in Lehigh County you are also required to purchase a county dog license for $7.00.
PUPPIES (LESS THAN 6 MONTHS OF AGE): $285.00
CATS: THE COST FOR A CAT ADOPTION IS $140.00
This price includes: vaccinations, spaying/neutering, FeLv testing, deworming, flea and tick preventative, ear cleaning, nail trimming and microchipping by 24 hour Pet Watch.
If the cat is too young to be spayed/neutered at the time of adoption then additional fees are involved.
· Rabbits: $30.00
· Guinea Pigs: $30.00
· Hamsters/Gerbils: $20.00
· Iguanas: $25.00
· Snakes: $35.00
· Birds: $5.00+
· Ferrets: $40.00